This is my letter to the world, That never wrote to me, -- The simple news that Nature told, With tender majesty. Her message is committed To hands I cannot see; For love of her, sweet countrymen, Judge tenderly of me! - emily dickinson -

Friday, October 28, 2005

nuts

it's been such a trying time this ramadhan. i'm up to my nostrils with backlogs from this operating system change project i'm leading. am up to here with the melodrama of the big boss too! there's a long holiday looming ahead and i just can't stop thinking about the things i plan to do--places to go, friends to meet (and relatives to avoid!), foods to enjoy, sights to relish, and things to buy! our customer's demand is slinking into another unpredictable and unreliable curve while we're supposed to keep the lines running at as constant a speed as we can manage without running into each other's hair. my project is way behind schedule and i'm running out of rescheduling dates and reasons. then, apart from the effects of fasting (dry throat, cracking lips, that depressed feeling), there's also the raya songs playing incessantly from somebody's pc. how am i supposed to concentrate on redistributing operators' workload to achieve balance when p.ramlee kept reminding me to think of my folks back home?

I WANNA GO HOME!!!