This is my letter to the world, That never wrote to me, -- The simple news that Nature told, With tender majesty. Her message is committed To hands I cannot see; For love of her, sweet countrymen, Judge tenderly of me! - emily dickinson -

Monday, September 19, 2005

near tragedy

a good friend was robbed last friday. the time was half past six in the evening and he was opening his front gate after returning home from work. most of his neighbors were still on their way home and his younger sister was away. so, no one saw the 3 men who approached him wielding parangs. the nasty creeps said that my friend had bumped their car the week before. it was an obvious lie because my friend was not in town to be driving around. when a few curious neighbors started converging on the scene, the low lifes had the gall to order them to not move any closer. next, they punched and beat the crap out of my poor friend. thankfully, he managed to escape before they could do more serious harm to him. he ran to the security post to get help but his car and everything that was in there were gone by the time he returned.

my friend was calm when i talked to him yesterday. he has always been at peace with everything around him for as long as i've known him. it was good that his family was around to comfort him too. he told me that the police had found his car. but his wallet, laptop, handphone, passport and several other things that were in the car are as good as gone. he will be selling off the camry. he got it less than a year ago but it had attracted the kind of attention that nobody needed. he will be getting another car that, hopefully, is unattractive to thugs and bandits alike.

may God, in all His Benevolence, provide my friend with the strength, the peace and the patience to move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home